HOTEL ONE.

HOTEL ONE.

Thursday, 25 February 2010

INTEGRATION

I know I'm going completely off track here, but I was in the studio at Uni and thought I'd make a rough Illustrator file of the expansion of Queen street.


The orange line represents a tram integrated road system, with bridge restored and strengthened to allow heavy traffic onto it again. I have also outlined a stop to where you can walk down and enter a new terminus at Queen Street, doubling in size. It's very rough and it's
a fantasy that will never be fulfilled, but from my perspective this is how I think it should be. Queen Street needs an expansion. It would fill the empty wasteland that is the taxi rank. I think the rank could be moved towards the front of the station, where the 60's brutalist office currently sits. That way, we would be able to see the station arch again, and have a more inviting terminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment